Welcome to Otters Class!
We have 10 pupils in our class and our class is made up of year 5/6 pupils. We love to have fun, learn new topics and build our independence in Otters class.
In our class Catherine is our class teacher, Rebecca, Gill (Mon-Thu), Brenda (Mon, Thu, Fri), Hayley (Tue, Weds, Fri) are our teaching assistants.
During our school week, we have plenty of additional activities/ support to keep us extra busy:
- Themed days/ weeks
- Speech and language assistance
- Occupational Therapy assistance
- Sensory room sessions
- Swimming (Friday PM - please bring in kit - groups taken on a rota basis)
- Everton in the Community sessions (Rota basis)
- Rebound (Rota basis)
- Music sessions with a specialised music teacher (Rota basis)
Plus many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates on our time in Otters class!
Our topic in this Autumn term is
During this topic we will explore the seasons and dive into the different weather each season brings. We will be learning about why the seasons change and what causes the severe weather we experience around the world. We will learn more about global warming and asking ourselves how we can make a change to make a difference to global warming.
Please find below, some useful resources to support any home learning. These videos and activities are some examples of what we will be covering in class over the term.
Literacy and Maths activities
Below are activities and games linking to Literacy and Maths - We are focusing on developing fine motor skills, pre writing skills, early number recognition and counting skills.
- Reading Owl - free ebook reading
- Top Mark Maths games
- Top Marks Literacy games
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds games
- Letter formation activity
- Oak National Academy lesson ideas
- Barefoot sing along stories
- Listen to the sounds and match - game
- Super simple songs
- Phase 5 sounds song
- Tricky words song
- Number blocks - Let's all draw numbers
- Fiery Dragon Jelly.pdf
- Diary of a Mermaid.pdf
- Dilly and the Three Monsters.pdf
- Superhero Times Activity Card.pdf
- Missing Unicorn.pdf
- Superheroes and Comic Books Activity Card.pdf
- The Fearless Four Activity Card.pdf
- The Most Heroic Hero Activity Card.pdf
- Money games online
- Money games - Natwest
Linking into our sensory learning, below are some ideas you can try out at home. The activities here use a variety of materials and items you may find in your kitchen cupboards.
- My Senses Hearing Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Smell Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Sight Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Taste Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Touch Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- Clink Clank Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Ding Dong Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Rustle Rustle Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Splashy Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Thud Thud Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
Physical activities to try at home
Please find below a list of physical activities and games for you to try out at home with your family! Have fun moving your body and keeping fit together!
- Walk_the_plank_(3) 2023-09-14 20_09_24.pdf
- Find_the_spoon 2023-09-14 20_08_11.pdf
- AlphabetÂ _Scavenger_Hunt 2023-09-14 20_07_50.pdf
- Fill_it_up_ 2023-09-14 20_07_34.pdf
- Socks_in_pots! 2023-09-14 20_06_52.pdf
- Skill_School 2023-09-14 20_06_26.pdf
- Kick__Roll__Throw 2023-09-14 20_06_03.pdf
- Body_parts 2023-09-14 20_05_35.pdf
- Hit_the_spot 2023-09-14 20_05_10.pdf
- Bottle_skittles 2023-09-14 20_04_47.pdf
- Heads_or_Tails 2023-09-14 20_03_38.pdf
- Find_three_things 2023-09-14 20_03_09.pdf
- 5_Minute_Challenge 2023-09-14 20_02_46.pdf
Attention Autism Sessions