Welcome to Otters Class!
We have 10 pupils and 4 staff. Our class is made up of year 6 pupils following the Explorers pathway.
During our school week, we have plenty of additional activities/ support to keep us extra busy:
- Themed days/ weeks
- Speech and language assistance
- Occupational Therapy assistance
Plus many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates on our exciting time in Otters class!
Our topic in this Summer Term is
'I can cook it!'
'I can cook it!'
During this topic we will be looking at food safety, hygiene around food, being safe in the kitchen and using equipment appropriately, preparing snacks as well as exploring healthy food options. In addition to this, we will also be exploring food from around the world and exploring different foods with our senses - UK, USA, Italy, Spain, China and Australia.
Please find below, some useful resources to support home learning. These videos and activities are some examples of what we will be covering in class over the Summer Term.
- Food songs 1
- Food songs 2
- Food songs 3
- BBC Bitesize - D&T Food video clips
- BBC Bitesize - Food safety video clip
- BBC Bitesize - Healthy living video clips
- Come outside videos
- Get creative with food challenge.pdf
- Match object to picture - vegetables
- Science Experiment regrowing vegetables.pdf
- colour the fruit.pdf
- What am I - food.pdf
- Recipes for children.pdf
- Balloon Cake Pop Recipe.pdf
- Caterpillar Salad Recipe.pdf
- Bear on Toast Recipe.pdf
- Fairtrade Fortnight Lemonade Recipe.pdf
- Owl on Toast Recipe.pdf
- Magic Wand Fruit Kebabs Recipe.pdf
Literacy and Maths activities
Below are activities and games linking to Literacy and Maths - We are focusing on developing fine motor skills, pre writing skills, early number recognition and counting skills.
- Top Mark Maths games
- Top Marks Literacy games
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds games
- Letter formation activity
- Oak National Academy lesson ideas
- Barefoot sing along stories
- Listen to the sounds and match - game
- Super simple songs - A firm favourite in Otters class!
Linking into our sensory learning, below are some ideas you can try out at home. The activities here use a variety of materials and items you may find in your kitchen cupboards.
- My Senses Hearing Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Smell Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Sight Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Taste Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Touch Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- Clink Clank Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Ding Dong Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Rustle Rustle Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Splashy Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Thud Thud Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf