Welcome to Otters Class!
We have 10 pupils in our class, 8 boys and 2 girls and our class is made up of year 4/5/6 pupils. We love to have fun, learn new topics and build our independence in Otters class.
In our class Vicky is our class teacher, Brenda, Rebecca, Gill (Monday-Thursday) and Louise (Friday) are our teaching assistants.
During our school week, we have plenty of additional activities/ support to keep us extra busy:
- Themed days/ weeks
- Speech and language assistance
- Occupational Therapy assistance
- Sensory room sessions
- Swimming (Friday PM - please bring in kit - groups taken on a rota basis)
- Everton in the Community sessions (Rota basis)
- Rebound (Rota basis)
- Music sessions with a specialised music teacher (Rota basis)
Plus many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates on our time in Otters class!
Our topic in this Autumn Term is
'I can be a Super Scientist'
'I can be a Super Scientist'
During this topic we start off by listening to stories linked to our senses and participating in a range of activities to explore all five senses. We will complete a variety of science experiments and predict what we think may happen. As a class we will explore different materials and their properties and use them to create recycled art pieces.
Please find below, some useful resources to support any home learning. These videos and activities are some examples of what we will be covering in class over the Autumn Term.
Literacy and Maths activities
Below are activities and games linking to Literacy and Maths - We are focusing on developing fine motor skills, pre writing skills, early number recognition and counting skills.
- Reading Owl - free ebook reading
- Top Mark Maths games
- Top Marks Literacy games
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds games
- Letter formation activity
- Oak National Academy lesson ideas
- Barefoot sing along stories
- Listen to the sounds and match - game
- Super simple songs
- Phase 5 sounds song
- Tricky words song
- Number blocks - Let's all draw numbers
- Fiery Dragon Jelly.pdf
- Diary of a Mermaid.pdf
- Dilly and the Three Monsters.pdf
- Superhero Times Activity Card.pdf
- Missing Unicorn.pdf
- Superheroes and Comic Books Activity Card.pdf
- The Fearless Four Activity Card.pdf
- The Most Heroic Hero Activity Card.pdf
- Money games online
- Money games - Natwest
Linking into our sensory learning, below are some ideas you can try out at home. The activities here use a variety of materials and items you may find in your kitchen cupboards.
- My Senses Hearing Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Smell Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Sight Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Taste Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Touch Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- Clink Clank Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Ding Dong Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Rustle Rustle Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Splashy Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Thud Thud Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf