Welcome to Otters Class!
We have 10 pupils and 4 staff. Our class is made up of year 6 pupils following the Explorers pathway.
During our school week, we have plenty of additional activities/ support to keep us extra busy:
- Themed days/ weeks
- Speech and language assistance
- Occupational Therapy assistance
Plus many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates on our exciting time in Otters class!
Our topic in this Spring Term is 'Exploring habitats!'
We are linking this topic in with the world we live in. We will be exploring the following habitats:
*Our houses (WB 4.1.21)
* Homes for domestic animals (WB 11.1.21)
*Under the sea (WB 18.1.21)
*On the farm (WB 1.2.21)
*Woodlands (WB 8.2.21)
*Pondlife (WB 22.1.21)
*South African Safari (WB 1.3.21)
* Polar (WB 8.3.21)
Easter crafts and activities (WB 15.3.21 & 22.3.21)
Please find below, some useful resources to support your home learning. These videos and activities are some examples of what we will be covering in class over the Spring Term.
- Otters termly overview Spring 21.pub
- Exploring Habitats songs and websites.pub
- Under the sea HQ
- Under the sea relaxing scenery video - 2hrs
- Under the sea activities BBC
- All about pets
- Listen and play at the sea side
- Little green frog song
- Walking through the jungle - Barefoot books
- Chester Zoo - virtual zoo clips
- Chester zoo learning resources
- Top Mark Maths games
- Top Marks Literacy games
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds games
- Letter formation activity
- Oak National Academy lesson ideas
- Barefoot sing along stories
- Listen to the sounds and match - game
- Super simple songs - A firm favourite in Otters class!
Linking into our sensory learning, below are some ideas you can try out at home. The activities here use a variety of materials and items you may find in your kitchen cupboards.
- My Senses Hearing Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Smell Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Sight Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Taste Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Touch Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- Clink Clank Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Ding Dong Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Rustle Rustle Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Splashy Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Thud Thud Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf