Welcome to Otters Class!
We have 10 pupils and 4 staff. Our class is made up of year 5 pupils.
During our school week, we have plenty of additional activities/ support to keep us extra busy:
- Themed days/ weeks
- Speech and language assistance
- Occupational Therapy assistance
- Sensory room sessions
Plus many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates on our time in Otters class!
Our topic in this Autumn Term is
During this topic we will be looking at the different types of weather that is experienced around the world.
Please find below, some useful resources to support any home learning. These videos and activities are some examples of what we will be covering in class over the Autumn Term.
- Daily Local Weather Report
- I hear thunder - makaton
- Rainbow colours song
- Weather song - Singing Walrus
- How's the weather today?
- Weather symbols.pdf
Literacy and Maths activities
Below are activities and games linking to Literacy and Maths - We are focusing on developing fine motor skills, pre writing skills, early number recognition and counting skills.
- Top Mark Maths games
- Top Marks Literacy games
- Phonics play
- Letters and sounds games
- Letter formation activity
- Oak National Academy lesson ideas
- Barefoot sing along stories
- Listen to the sounds and match - game
- Super simple songs
Linking into our sensory learning, below are some ideas you can try out at home. The activities here use a variety of materials and items you may find in your kitchen cupboards.
- My Senses Hearing Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Smell Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Sight Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Taste Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- My Senses Touch Edible Sensory Recipe.pdf
- Clink Clank Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Ding Dong Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Rustle Rustle Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Splashy Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf
- Thud Thud Sound Sensory Bottle.pdf