Welcome to the Bumblebee's page!
Our Bumblebee's classroom is a satellite classroom over at The Grange.
Our year 1 class consists of 9 children, 2 girls and 7 boys
The Bumblebee's staff include myself, Stacey, I am the class teacher
Coleen is the teacher assistant and Sarah and Alice are our classroom assistants.
This term we are learning all about Animals
Please keep a check on the web page for related activities.
If your child is now learning from home, please see links to songs and activities below. Please be kind to yourself, these are challenging times for us all, its important our children are happy and safe. Please take photos of your children learning from home and send to my email address.
Take care and keep safe
Stacey and the Bumblebees
Try some outdoor activities:
mini beast hunt in your garden or local park
count the flowers
splash in muddy puddles
touch the ice, how does it feel?
Outdoor exercise is the best, see below for action songs to try at home!
Stories to watch on Youtube
Jungle- Rumble in the Jungle
Pets- Dear Zoo
Woodland- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Maths is lots of fun and is all around us, why not go on a colour walk when outside, how many colours can you find?
A shape walk around your home?
Count the number of toys to put in a box and take them out and count again
Why not try garden bingo!
Tuff Tray ideas
This is what we have been up to in school, try at home!
SENSORY HOME LEARNING IDEAS
Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction. This group of activities focuses on activities for physical movement [gross motor movement].
Information to note: up and down or spinning movements are alerting and side to side movements are calming.
Be careful with spinning activities unless your child seeks this to avoid injury or disorientation.
Be careful not to lift, push or carry objects which are too heavy - this includes for your child and yourself.
- Balance walk along masking tape on floor and walk in straight, curved and zig zag lines
- Wall pushes
- Pushing or pulling objects /stretchy bands
- Push ups
- Hand Squeezes
- Superhero poses
- Animal Walk - move in different ways - Cbeebies 'Andys wild adventures' help with this
- Stretch like a bear or swing like a monkey
- Follow the light/Follow the sound – The child’s whole head/body follows the movement of a torch
Sway in time with chill out music
- Back and forth rowing - sing row the boat
- Spinning (3 seconds in each direction)
Jumping Jacks / star jumps
- Arm Spins
- Musical statues
- Scooter rides
- Balance / roll over / sit on gym ball
- Walk over stepping stones [can chalk these on the floor]
- Create indoor slides using cushions
- Carry a backpack containing a favourite toy - not too heavy!
- Ride a bike
- Balance on a log
Below are some activity links from Gross motor movements and yoga. Please do not physically put your child in these positions, show the image / model it yourself if possible.
Religious Education Activities
this half term we are exploring Bible Stories, see the links below for stories and activities.